Friday, April 29, 2011

Baked/Roasted Parsnips with other vegetables

I bought some parsnips at the FROGPOND
and needed to use them up
this is what I did

I chopped them in my new food chopper
they did not come out "fine"
more like small, but smaller than cubed
I also chopped one carrot the same way
then I hand chopped one red onion
and sliced one red pepper

toss all of the above in a large bowl
with tbsp of minced garlic (from a jar)
some grated parmesan cheese
I had some fresh parsley which I washed
and added whole
pepper and salt
some EVOO

I put this in a large oval shaped shallow casserole dish
drizzled some EVOO on top and dotted with real butter.

Baked at 375 for about a half hour
stirred well and sprinkled more parm. cheese on top
and then raised the temp of the oven
to about 425
for another twenty minutes
let sit in oven for ten minutes

ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment