Saturday, March 31, 2012

Crispy Fried Cabbage

Crispy Fried Cabbage

1 small, firm green or white cabbage (I used half a head)
1 medium onion, peeled
30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
50 g (2 oz) butter
15 g (1 tbsp) caraway seeds (I did not have any)
sea salt and freshly ground pepper

method
1. Trim the cabbage, removing the outer leaves and core.

2. Quarter and shred it. Wash in icy water, then drain. Slice the onion.

3. Heat the oil and butter in a heavy saute pan, large frying pan, or wok.

4. When very hot, stir in the cabbage, onion and caraway seeds.

5. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes until crisp and brown. I stir fried for
way more than that amount of time, probably because my shredding was not
all that small.

6. Add salt and pepper to taste.


all I can say is YUMMY! I never knew cabbage could be so tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment