Monday, July 21, 2014

Teri-yaki Pork Shepherds Pie

I had some leftover bbq pork ribs I wanted to use up and Peggy was coming for supper, so I decided to make a shepherds pie.

I cut up the meat and put it in the bottom of a rectangular baking dish.  I thawed a package of winter vegetables (carrots, cauliflower and brocolli) and cut them into smaller pieces and cooked in the microwave for a few minutes and put them on top of the meat.

This is how I made the sauce.
I had about 1/5th of a bottle of Honey TeriYaki sauce, and I added a few tablespoons of regular
TY sauce to that, and put all that into some vegetable broth and stirred together.

I melted a couple of tbsp of butter in a pan, and stirred in a couple tbsp of flour and cooked it for a few minutes, then let it sit for a few minutes, and then I added the liquid to that and cooked until it thickened up a bit.  I added a tsp of honey.

Poured the sauce over the meat and vegetables and spread the mashed potatoes on  top.  Dotted with butter and some dried dill.   Baked at 375 for 30 minutes.  Then sprinkled some shredded cheese on  top and put back in the oven for five more minutes.  (the cheese did not melt but it came from the DOLLAR TREE.

The meal was DELICIOUS!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment