Friday, August 15, 2014

Gnocchi in Cream Sauce with Vegetables and Oven Baked Zucchini Rounds

3/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley (I could not find my parsley so I used a little bit of oregano
1/3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese(I used Pecorino-Romano)
directions
In an 8-inch skillet, combine 3/4 cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons
 butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt over medium-high heat. Bring to a
simmer and cook, stirring, until thick enough to coat a spoon,
about 4 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
 and remove from the heat. Add 1/3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
cheese when tossing with pasta. Makes 2/3 cup.
I had some leftover already cooked broccoli and small pieces of butternut squash,
so I threw these and some gnocchi into the sauce..... DELICIOUS


Crusty parm zucchini- slice Zucchini sprinkle with shredded parm cheese.
 Season with thyme, rosemary, salt pepper and a little olive oil. Bake at 350
I sliced the zucchini into rounds, sprayed a pan with  PAM, put the slices down
then spooned on a bit of spaghetti sauce (PREGO) then put on some parmigiano-
romano cheese and drizzled with olive oil and baked until soft.  I had a bit of
leftover pepperoni, so I put that on some.  I left the sauce off of some of the
rounds and they were very tasty, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment