Monday, August 21, 2017

COUNTRY STYLE BAKED FRUIT

I prepared this for the Bowler Family Reunion which was yesterday.

15¬oz. can apricot, drained (I substituted a can of black cherries)
15¬oz . can peach slices, drained
15¬oz. can pineapple chunks, drained
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
one can of sliced pears (I added this to the original recipe)
1 stick butter
1 or 2 sleeves round, buttery
crackers, crushed
In a 13"x9" baking pan, combine apricot,peaches. and pineapple:
 sprinkle on brown sugar. Dot with butter and add cracker crumbs.
 Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Makes 8 to 10 serving.

I used two sleeves of crushed Ritz Crackers and I stirred them into the
melted butter and then spread the mixture on the top.  This seems to be
more of a desert.  I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment