Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baked Talapia and Scalloped Corn



Baked Talapia and Scalloped Corn

My Aunt Ruth's Scalloped Corn  (Leslie gave me this recipe)

8x8 inch square pan
Saute onions, celery and green pepper in oil. (She doesn't say how much- about what you would  add to a casserole that size?)

l cup crushed crackers (we use Ritz)or you can use toasted buttered Italian bread cubes
1 egg, beaten
1 can creamed corn
a little salt and pepper
1/3 cup plus one tablespoon milk (3/8ths cup)

In a large bowl add the beaten egg to the cracker crumbs. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Bake in buttered pan for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Optional- add canned french fried onions to the top before cooking.
I did not feel like sauteeing vegetables so I substituted a couple of tbsps of dill relish
I used saltines
and I did put the french fried onions on the top
DELICIOUS!!!

I put four talapia fillets on a foil lined pan
spread honey mustard dressing on top
and then spooned some corn relish on top of that
and baked in the oven while the corn was baking
DELICIOUS

served with toss salad and cranberry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment