Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CREAMY GARDEN DELIGHT

This is from Beverly Lewis Amish
Heritage Cookbook.
I decided to make it when I was in WalMart today and I didn't have the recipe with me.  So, I
forgot the mushrooms.  Also, they did not have any zucchini so I used yellow squash.  I used a green
pepper instead of the red pepper, and substituted carrots and celery for the mushrooms.  When I
started the layering process, I thought I didn't have enough vegetables, so I opened a can of corn.  Then
when I poured on the milk and egg mixture, I was concerned it might not be enough liquid, so I added another egg and a bit more milk, and I put in some minced garlic.

It turned out to not be at all CREAMY, more like a quiche or a breakfast casserole.......but I may make it again, next time using MORE vegetables and more liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment