Friday, February 8, 2013

Jambalaya

I had prepared jambalaya from a boxed mix before,but never from scratch, but I made my own today for lunch.

I chopped an onion and cooked it in one tablespoon olive and a bit of butter, until soft.
Then I added a can of diced tomatos
some minced garlic
seven ounces of ANDOUILLE sausage cut into quarter inch slices
a half cup of water
3/8 cup of rice
and some sweet pepper relish

I cooked this for twenty minutes (covered) waiting for the rice to become tender.
It was starting to dry out and the rice was not yet tender, so I added
some ketchup and water to give it more cooking liquid.  Then I put
about 1/3 lb of cooked shrimp on top,  covered it and cooked it a
minute more, then covered it and let it sit.  The rice absorbed the
liquid nicely.

And it was VERY GOOD.

I served it with cheesy corn biscuits, which I made from a mix:  MARIE CALLENDERS CHEESE BISCUI MIX that I got at the Dollar Tree.  I added some shredded cheese, a half a can of corn and a bit more milk.


No comments:

Post a Comment