Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Beefy One Pot Dinner

INGREDIENTS:
1
lb.  lean ground beef (I used one pound of meatloaf mix because it was cheaper
2
 carrots, thinly sliced
1
large  onion, chopped
1       Yukon gold potato (6 oz.), finely               chopped ( I used a white potato)
1
cup  water
1
can  (14 oz.) baked beans ( I used a 19 ounce can)
1/2
cup  KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
1
cup  KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese  ( I used some tavern cheese spread that Chris left here)


BROWN 
meat in large nonstick skillet; drain. Add next 3 ingredients; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
STIR in water; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min. or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.  I thought it would come out too bland, so I added one packet of Sazon Goya spice mix.  
ADD beans and barbecue sauce; mix well. Cook 5 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Top with cheese  
.

No comments:

Post a Comment