Thursday, October 8, 2015

Pulled Pork with Cornbread Topping and Pumpkin Pie Pudding (Crockpot)

I had lots of leftover pork roast that I thought was dry and needed something to do with it. This is my own creation (using some ideas that were not all that original) In my dutch oven (on top of the stove) I put two cans of root beer and one jar of chili sauce and cooked until it thickened (this took close to an hour) I shredded the pork and stirred some of the sauce into it and put in the bottom of a rectangular pan. (use PAM on the bottom) Then I mixed up one box of JIFFY CORN Muffin mix, but added some applesauce to make it a bit more moist than usual. Spread this on top, bake for twenty minutes at 400 degrees. It actually came out a bit dry but I put some of the BBQ sauce on the table. It wasa delicious(I think its the sauce). I served with sweet potatoes and roasted vegetables. For desert I made this in the crockpot 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk 3/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix 2 large eggs, beaten 2 tablespoons butter, melted 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 2 teaspoons vanilla extract Directions In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve in bowls with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6 servings. Served with Cool Whip....very good!

2 comments: