Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Chocolate Coconut Drop Cookies

I started with this Betty Crocker recipe for chocolate drop cookies (I am pretty sure that I used to make these years ago. one cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened 1/3 cup buttermilk (I made my own using vinegar) 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 egg 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled 1 3/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt I added a heaping tbsp of Hersheys Cocoa (the old fashioned kind) and at the end stirred in 1/3 to 1/2 a bag of coconut. 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray. 2 In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, 1/2 cup butter, the buttermilk, vanilla, egg and 2 ounces melted chocolate with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. 3 On cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart. 4 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. I frosted with chocolate frosting and put a bit of coconut on top

No comments:

Post a Comment