Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sauce for Chinese Vegetables

2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger (or a bit of fresh minced ginger) 2 cloves garlic, minced (I used crushed garlic from a jar) half cup of soy sauce 1⁄4 rice vinegar 1⁄2 cup water 1 1⁄2 can of beef broth couple drops of Sriracha sauce I put all these items into a large jar and shook to combine, and then put into large frying pan and brought to a simmer. Simmered a few minutes and tested the taste. I decided it needed a bit more sweetness so I added a tablespoon of honey. While it was sitting while I did other stuff, it' really thickened up, so I thinned it with some orange juice. I steamed broccoli until it was almost crisp tender, sauteed chunks of red papper, and then added the broccoli and stir fried a bit and then added slices of roast beef. Served with fried rice, and sprinkled sesame seeds on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment