Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Mid-week dinner

LANCASTER COUNTY HAM LOAF

1 lb fresh ground turkey
1 lb ham, ground (or turkey ham)
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup milk
SAUCE

I ground up the ham in my blender (yes, this works!)
Mix ground meats, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper and milk together.3
put into two loaf. pans
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.

I made up sauce from another recipe site: 

1 (10.75 ounce) can tomato soup
 1/4 cup cider vinegar
 1 cup packed brown sugar
 1 teaspoon mustard powder
brought to a simmer, poked holes in one of the loafs and put some on top and 
back in the oven  for another hour.

and I also made my traditional raisin sauce for ham which can be found down further in this blog
and pineapple stuffing.




Two Ingredient Lemon Bars

1 box angel food cake mix( I use Betty Crocker)
2 cans lemon pie filling 
I used two 21 oz cans of Comstock pie filling ( total of 42 oz)
Mix dry cake mix and cans of pie filling together in large bowl.
I just mixed it by hand...
Pour into greased 9 x 13? baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until top is starting to brown.

ASPARAGUS
I steamed some asparagus
stirred in some slivered almonds
and sprayed with garlic juice



No comments:

Post a Comment