Friday, March 15, 2013

Vegetable Bake

I wanted to use up a sweet red pepper and some carrot/brocolli/cabbage slaw
(that came in a bag) and I came up with this idea.    Also, I wanted to NOT make
a sauce out of cream of mushroom soup.............

In the bottom of a greased casserole dish:
layer:
some brocolli, cabbage, carrot slaw
sprinkle on a couple of crushed saltines
then one layer of ONE sweet potato sliced thin,
a few  crushed saltines
sliced sweet red pepper
few crushed saltines (or bread crumbs)
sliced sliced white onion
few breadcrumbs
some more of the slaw and a few chopped apple slices

(I ran out of saltines halfway through, so then I went to
bread crumbs)

make sauce by blending up (in blender)
one can chicken broth
one egg
some minced garlic
some grated parmesan cheese (couple of tbsps?)
some milk (maybe a third of a cup)
tbsp of butter
pour over the vegetables

put on some bread crumbs and
dots of butter

oven at 325 degrees
one hour?

No comments:

Post a Comment