Monday, November 18, 2013

Tomato/Potato Soup

inspired by Sylvia Jorrin who wrote SYLVIA's FARM, I decided to try a new twist with potato soup, using a tomato sauce base instead of a milk/cream base.

A couple of potatoes cut into bit size pieces
Two carrots, sliced thin
a glob of butter
some minced garlic
A couple of small onions chopped
Two cans of Progresso Recipe Starter (fire roasted tomato)
one can of onion soup (Aldi's brand)
    and a half can of water
few tablespoons of sweet pepper relish

I let this cook all day in the crockpot
when I got home around four p.m. I
added a can of white northern beans and
some pancetta (one package, Aldi's brand) and
kept the crockpot on low for a couple more hours.
I took a couple of cups of the soup out and pureed it
in the blender and then added it back into the crockpot
(to thicken the broth a bit)

DELICIOUS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment