Saturday, February 15, 2014

BETTY's SCALLOPED CORN

My friend Betty told me about the scalloped corn she makes for her family at holiday time.

step one: break four eggs into a bowl and beat them with a hand mixer
step two:  use either crushed saltines or tear several slices of white bread into small pieces
               put them into the eggs and allow to soak
step three:  into large mixing bowl, put two cans of creamed corn, with a little bit of milk, a couple
                 of teaspoons of sugar and a dash of salt.
step four:  stir the egg mixture into the creamed corn
step five:   pour mixture into greased 8 or 9 inch square pan
bake at 375 until bubbly and browned on top:  about 40 minutes


I didn't have any saltines (which I will use  next time), but I had some oyster crackers which I crushed up, it did not seem like enough so I tore apart one slice of white bread.

THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment