Saturday, February 1, 2014

Baked Rice Pudding

I  hate the thought of something simmering on the top of my stove, and maybe I forget about it.........so I decided to look online and see if I could find a recipe for BAKED rice pudding.   I found several, most insisted that you start with fully cooked rice, unfortunately, I thought I would be able to just throw everything into a casserole dish and bake!  Anyways, here is the recipe I chose:  
1 cup cooked rice (I used minute rice and actually used a bit more than one cup)
2 1/2 cups milk
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg ( think I forgot to put this in

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch glass baking dish.

In a large bowl, stir together first 7 ingredients. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Place baking dish in a large pan; pour water into the pan to a depth of 1-inch. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until lightly browned and set. Combine cinnamon and nutmeg; sift over top of pudding. Cool slightly and cut into squares to serve.

This is the picture from the website!  I used a round casserole dish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment