Monday, February 7, 2011

BEST EVER BAKED BEANS

I first made these for the FDC picnic last fall. Several people asked for the recipe and I have made them once or twice since then. Connie asked me for the recipe, so I am posting them here in my EVERYDAY blog.

Sue and Gloria's Baked Beans
from Paula's Home Cooking
show: barbeque bonanza

4 (16-ounce) cans baked beans
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup molasses
1 cup BBQ sauce
2 tablespoon yellow or brown mustard
5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1 (6-ounce) can french-fried onions, crushed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

mix together beans,
pineapple, molasses, BBQ sauce,
mustard, 1/4 of the bacon, and 1/4
of the onions. Add some salt and
pepper, to taste. Pour beans in 9
by 13-inch casserole dish and
sprinkle remaining crushed onions
and bacon on top. Cook in oven for
1 hour or until beans brown and bubble.
Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment