Monday, February 14, 2011

Creamed Potatoes and Peas

I had some frozen peas thawing out and my plans were to bake some potatoes to go along with the meatloaf I took out of the freezer, but I decided to try CREAMED POTATOES AND PEAS.

This is what I did
I cut the potatoes into bit sized pieces and placed in a pot of water. I brought it to a boil and cooked the potatoes until they were a touch away from being completely cooked through. Then I added the peas and cooked a bit, but not long, since they had been thawing out for several hours.

I melted a half a stick of margarine in a large flat frying pan. Then I drained the peas and potatoes and put them in the pan. I sprinkled a couple of tablespoons of flour over them along with some sea salt and ground pepper and stired that up. Then I put about two and a half cups of milk over that and brought the mixture to a simmer. It seemed too thick, so I added some instant mashed potato flakes to thicken it up. I also added a couple of spoonfulls of horseradish sauce from Quizno's and some basil.

It was delicious! Even though it thickend up a bit too much! Next time I will cut the potatoes into smaller pieces and maybe add a can of mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment