Thursday, January 30, 2014

Crockpot Tortellini (modified a bit)

Someone posted this on facebook:

THE BEST Crockpot meal I've tried yet: Sounds too good not to try
 Ingredients: 1 bag of frozen tortellini 1 small bag of fresh spinach
 2 cans of italian style diced tomatoes 1 box or 4 cups or vegetable broth
 1 block of cream cheese put all ingredients in crockpot,
 chunking up the cream cheese. Cook on low for 5-6 hrs


OK.........I couldn't find FROZEN Tortellini, but I did some
refrigerated tortellini, so I put it in the freezer for a couple of
hours before I started this dish.  Not sure I had a SMALL bag of
spinach, but what I put in worked well.

When it was about 4.5 hours into cooking, I thought it was too runny,
so I added a couple tbsp of grated parmesan/romano cheese and I also
added some crushed garlic.

It is VERY good........and makes a LOT.   I think this picture is from pinterest.
Mine was not this runny, due to the fact that I added the grated cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment