Saturday, March 17, 2018

OVEN BAKED BROWN RICE

Years ago, a friend gave me a recipe to prepare brown rice in the oven.  I used it many times, but the recipe disappeared (probably when I moved from Honeoye to Oneonta).

I want to try it again.  All the recipes I am finding now call for boiling the water before adding to the rice.  I am pretty sure I did not do that with my original lost recipe but boiling water is pretty quick an easy so I will do it.

Ingredients

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the rice into an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
Bring the water, butter, and salt just to a boil in a kettle or covered saucepan. Once the water boils, pour it over the rice, stir to combine, and cover the dish tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, remove cover and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment