Saturday, March 31, 2018

Raisin Sauce for Ham

In the early seventies my mother in law gave me a recipe for raisin sauce for ham, which my husband and his family loved.  I was happy when I saw a recipe on the back of a FOOD CLUB box of raisins BECAUSE the FC recipe had fewer ingredients and fewer cooking steps.............so I think I discarded my MIL's recipe and always used this one.  It must have been fine since nobody ever mentioned my sauce being different!   I lost the recipe, but kind of put it together in my head over the years.  This a.m. I found my original Food Club recipe online and decided to keep it for future use.   Here it is!!!!

RAISIN SAUCE FOR HAM, ETC.
Mix together:
1 tbsp. flour 
1/8 tsp. salt 
1/2 cup brown sugar 

Stir in:
1/2 cup orange juice 
1/2 cup water 
2 tbsp. vinegar 
1/3 cup raisins 

Cook in saucepan until thickened. Serve hot. 

From: Mary and Carmen's Recipe Collection at Recipelink.com (about the collection)
Source: Package label recipe: Food Club Raisins box, 1960's

No comments:

Post a Comment